Friday, October 11, 2019

Assignment 14A Hallway Reflection


  1. Tenaciousness is a competency:
    • My organizational and time management skills have been beneficial in fulfilling the requirements for this class. As this class requires weekly assignments, cupcakes, two lectures per week, and peer reviews, it is easy to fall behind if you wait to complete these last minute. Therefore, being able to organize a schedule and complete these assignments in a timely manner, has allowed me to keep up with these requirements and not fall behind. In which, the work required for this class isn't something that can be completed in a matter of an hour, as the work has to be planned ahead and spaced out, in order to produce the best work, for instance when conducting interviews.
  2. Tenaciousness is also about attitude:
    • There were many times where I felt like giving up in this class. These feelings mostly occurred during the weeks of when I had an exam in another class, as the two contradicted. My main focus would be on that exam, where my stress was at its peak, which subsequently led to me being behind on my schedule of completing the assignments in this class. Nonetheless, I would feel unmotivated to even complete the assignment. Though, I had this inner motivation of succeeding and working hard to achieve my goals, that pushed me to not give up. I did not want to fail, and I knew that if I had given up I would have been disappointed in myself. Also, the tenacious attitude that I developed in the past 2 months pushed me to pull through and complete my assignments and study hard to pass the exam. This tenacious attitude was built upon both this class and the adjustment of UF, knowing that it takes hard work and determination to achieve what you want in life.
  3. Three tips:
    • It is without a doubt that you'll find yourself having to balance between work from different classes, jobs, extracurriculars, clubs, sports, and life in general. Therefore, I would advise that you develop the skill of time management. Making sure that you are on top of things and organizing a schedule to avoid procrastination will help you balance everything out. This is extremely helpful in this class!
    • Set goals! This will help motivate you to achieve this goals, especially at times when you want to give up. By setting goals for yourself, you are motivating yourself work hard, do your best, get the job done, and you are developing a tenacious mindset.
    • Don't try to find loopholes or shortcuts when completing the assignments. You will benefit more in the long run if you actually complete all the steps to the assignments and watch the lectures. As long as you are on top of things, this shouldn't be a problem. 
\

2 comments:

  1. Hey Davina,

    I agreed with everything that you said in your blog post and I really related to the part about struggling to have motivation for this class when you have an exam in another class to study for, as that has happened to me a lot as well. I think that your tips for success in this class are excellent and could really help out a student next semester.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Setting goals and more specifically smart goals are so important in every aspect of your life. It keeps you accountable and helps to fight that instinct to ignore your responsibilities. Great suggestions!

    ReplyDelete